Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dal Vada


My hubby has been pestering me to try making these dal wada's since a long time. Living in Mumbai I had never heard of these not seen them at any store. But here in US I have seen these in almost all chat joints. So finally last week I thot why not give it a shot. I looked up various recipes of these vada's online & finally tried a combination of few recipes.They were easy to make & turned out tasty, just that as my hubby was used to seeing them burned brown in the stores he was kinda disappointed that I fried mine golden Brown. I'm not a big fan of those charred looking vadas.So here's the recipe .....You can choose to fry them as dark as u like :-)

Dal Vada Recipe

Ingredients:-

1 cup Bengal Gram/Chana Dal (split Chick peas) soaked for 3-4hrs
1/2 medium sized onion finely minced.
2-3 Green Chillies ( I used the Thai Green Chillies)
1/2 inch Ginger finely minced.
3-4 curry leaves chopped
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
pinch of asafoetida/hing
Salt to taste
Oil for Deep Frying.

Method:-

Wash & drain the soaked gram. Make two batches when blending the first batch grind it a little smooth & the next one needs to ground coarse. Now add this mixture to a bowl to which add all of the following ingredients like the ginger, chopped green chillies,onions, curry leaves , cumin seeds,asafoetida, salt . Now form small round flat cutlets on ur palm & deep fry on medium heat in oil. Serve hot with Green Corriander & Mint Chutney or Ketchup.

This quantity will suffice for 2 individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment