Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Cod Fish Cutlets



I love the taste of Cod Fish. If you have ever tasted the Fish Burger at Mc D's I guess this is the fish they use in it. I prefer using fish fillet's to make these cutlets.You cud choose to use any fish of your choice.

Ingredients:-
Fish Fillet of ur Choice (I used Cod Fish Fillet)
Salt as per taste
Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tsp
Turmeric 1/4 tsp
Green Chillies 3-5 small (can be altered depending on your taste)
Water to boil /Steam fish
Potato 1 boiled & mashed
Cilantro small bunch
Spring Onions 1 Bunch or 1 big onion
1 tsp Garam Masala powder
Red Chillie Powder 1 tsp
Egg 1 whisked
Lemon /Lime Juice 1 tsp
Bread Crumbs for coating
Oil for Frying

Method:-
Season the fillet with some salt, turmeric & slit a couple of green chillies & steam it.Once done I let the fish cool & then mash it in a bowl with a potato masher. To this I add 1 onion diced into tiny pieces ( you cud alternately use a bunch of sping onions), ginger garlic paste, mashed potato, couple of finely chopped green Chillies ,Cilantro, Red Chillie powder, Garam Masala powder, salt as per taste & a dash of Lemon/Lime juice.Then I form small cutlets , dip it in a bowl of whisked egg & rolled it in bread crumbs.Lastly shallow fry these in a pan till golden brown &
walah its done !! You can serve this with Mint Chutney or Ketchup .

No comments:

Post a Comment