Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Buttermilk Savory Bhajiyas- Goli Bhajji


I used to enjoy this snack whenever I visited my granny. Recently I recollected having it & started craving for it so looked up for a recipe & with a little improvisation managed to achieve the exact taste.

Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 cups maida (all purpose flour)
1 tbsp gram flour (besan)
3/4 cup curd or yogurt or buttermilk
1 tsp cumin seeds
4-5 finely chopped green chilies
3-4 leaves curry leaves
1/2 inch cube of fresh coconut sliced into bit size pieces
A pinch asafoetida (optional)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sugar
Water as required
Salt
Oil for deep frying.

Method:
Mix all the ingredients (except oil, cumin seeds , coconut, curry leaves chillies, asafoetida &
cumin seeds) into a moderately thick batter. You may add water to the batter to achieve the
desired consistency. Leave the dough to ferment for an hour.

Finally add the remaining ingredients to the batter .Make small balls of the dough and drop into hot oil.
Deep fry on medium fire till golden brown.

Serve hot with coconut chutney.

1 comment:

  1. OMG...this is my fav! Are you a mangalorean too? My trip to Mangalore is incomplete if I dont have one of these!

    ReplyDelete